Sunday, February 07, 2010

buffets < / 3

I woke up this morning (10am?) to a text from Tina. We arranged to eat lunch at Raja Rani's. I think we're both sick of the Asian restaurants on S. University St. (except, I think we should start eating at those places again). I went back to sleep and then woke up again just in time to make it to lunch. Sally and I walked there-- which I regretted when I saw parking spots at the restaurant. The walk was so cold! We were fashionably late...about 2 minutes?

When we got there, there was a lunch buffet going on. The last time I went to a buffet was at Bellagio during winter break...our family vowed to never go to a buffet again. The buffet is in the beginning an attractive alternative to the menu (especially this one since it was dirt cheap!)...but after awhile, because I was eating so many different types of food, I felt like a trash chute at the end. Too many different types of food becoming sloppy soup in my stomach.

Here are pictures! The pictures look much nicer than the taste. But I did satisfy my Indian food craving. I have recommitted to never participate in a buffet ever again.




plate 1





plate 2





love these Indian donuts!


The three of us walked back and Tina invited us over for a tasting of her ice-cream. It was pretty fabulous, I had to admit.

Two random pictures:




Stalking Dr. Kim





My favorite drink at Starbucks. Shaken Iced Tea Lemonade - unsweetened, passion tea...maybe one of my top 5 favorite drinks in the world.


great thing about blogging everyday: I am forced to account for every single day ... even really dull ones (I spent most of today sleeping).

bad thing about blogging everyday: Added stress in my life.

to my huge readership: sorry about the shredded old passport picture. < 3

4 comments:

  1. i dislike buffets too. I would rather have quality than quantity.

    creepy stalker pic of gene....and agreed that the iced tea lemonade is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. buffets are always/never a good decision. it's just relative to how far you are in your meal. i think i've sworn off buffets 100% of the times i eat at one, and i've eaten at so many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am still burping up this buffet. resolution fail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what! it was totally delicious and cheap though! i think im gonna go back... but practice my discipline...

    ReplyDelete