Thursday, March 11, 2010

e-mails

When it comes to e-mails, I am extremely anal. As soon as I send someone an e-mail, I keep refreshing my inbox to see if they've replied back. I treat e-mail responses as if they were im-chats. I want instant gratification. Instant replies! This OCD-ness (is this OCD?) is especially acute when I have emailed people who have some control over my life (ie., professors, recruiters, etc). I sent a harmless e-mail to Professor West but I think I might have been a little sassy. I don't think I was too sassy but if he's in a bad mood, he could possibly roll his eyes. Ugh. Why did I risk this? I must stop writing this entry and go back to refreshing my inbox to see if he has responded and is not a tiny bit annoyed. Please, please, please. My heart keeps jumping when I see that I've received new mail. My heart drops when I discover that it's spam. Woes.

3 comments:

  1. I am skeptical of your ability to actually be sassy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Focus on your READINGG!! hahaha.

    I think people should email back as soon as possible if it doesn't require much of them. If its like a page-long email where you talk about your feelings etc then I'm really bad at responding to those. But if its a one-liner or maybe 3 paragrapher.... they should respond asap. pls report back when he responds.

    also, its almost 6. he may be on the way homeeeeeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i follow your 24 hr rule......

    prof's like to play a little hard to get...i doubt he'll respond like an im!

    your privacy makes me more of a baekhap stalker.....haha..i have to check on my own!

    ReplyDelete